General Gemstone Details
Mystic Topaz is a trade name given to (usually) colourless topaz that has had a very thin layer of titanium metal coated to the pavilion of the cut stone. The very thin layer of metal causes interference patterns with light entering the stone, forming a rainbow of iridescent colours, similar to the colour range you see with oil on water.
Mystic Fire Topaz is made through a special process combining science and mother nature to produce some of the breathtaking and vibrant color combinations available in the world in gemstones. This technique is used on genuine natural topaz gemstones to which titanium, (one of the strongest metals in the world), are bonded together at the very molecular level and become one on the surface of the topaz gem stones after the bonding process occurs.
"Mystic Fire Topaz" tm and "Mystic Topaz" tm is the original pattented titanium treated natural topaz and has the best quality and durability. We only use the pattented American made mystic topaz made by Azotic Coating Technologies Inc. Be sure to always know the origin of your treated topaz to know that you are not getting a poor quality and counterfeit gemstone. Purchasing mystic topaz gems made by The Azotic Coating Technologies Inc. is your assurance of quality.
This causes an aurora borealis affect of the same phenomena that creates a rainbow sheen of oil on water and the colorful sheen of bird feathers. These rainbow colors make mystic fire topaz jewelry increasingly popular. Depending on the thickness and process used, it produces varying optical colors. Click here to view the different color spectrums available such as Moon Glow, Mercury Mist, Bodacious Reflections, Kiwi, Twilight, Java Blue, Mystic Green, etc . . .In care of the gems they should be treated like a opal or pearl. Not subjected to hard abrasives or acids. These beautiful, mystical colors are permanent and stable with proper care.
Mystic Topaz - Guidance and Care Of.
Mystic Topaz was first introduced at the Hong Kong Jewellery Trade Fair in 1998. Mystic Topaz is a natural gemstone that is enhanced by bonding the Topaz with Titanium at the molecular stage. As such there are a few simple rules you should follow in the care of these beautiful stones.
1) The enhancement treatment applied to mystic topaz gemstones produces beautiful, iridescent colours that are quite durable and hard. The treated layer is only microns in thickness; it is not deposited in thick layers.
2) By following some simple precautionary measures, the enhancement will last the lifetime of the jewellery setting.
3) The enhanced gemstone should not be exposed to any abrasives, acids or immersed in an ultrasonic cleaner. Ultrasonic cleaners may contain a pickling solution that would cause irrepairable damage to the surface of the gemstone.
4) Abrasive cloths may scratch the enhanced surface of the gemstone. This may not remove the treatment but could damage the optical surface and affect the reflection of light travelling through the gemstone. This influences the colour and clarity of the gemstone.
5) High hea may adversly affect the refractive index, badly affecting the colour intensity. Heat should NOT be applied to the gemstone.
6) We suggest you use a proprietry cleaner specifically made for opals or pearls, your expert local jewellery should be able to advise. A mild soap and water rinse also works well. Simply